The problem ► What you design in not what you produce!
Why? ► Because, the unfolding and cutting process does not take under consideration bending parameters (e.g. available tools, tools radius, etc.).
The solution ► BG-soft combines the BG-soft Cut and BG-soft Bend in one unified environment. In this way every aspect of the manufacturing process (bending and cutting) is calculated, thus.
What you design....is what you get!!
BG-soft bend is an application for programming and simulating Boschert Gizelis press brakes, used for maximizing production resources. BG-soft bend enables offline generation of bend sequences and tooling setups, with dynamic 3D simulation for checking collisions of the part with tools, fingers and machine components.
- Direct part transfer from SolidWorks, Solid Edge and Inventor
- Importing and unfolding of IGES and STEP 3D parts
- Automatic and manual tool selection based on material, machine and tool properties
- Automatic and manual bend sequencing with collision detection
- Automatic and manual fingerstop positioning with graphic control of all axes
- Automatic retraction calculation
- 3D simulation of the bending process with collision detection
- Native NC generation enables direct loading of programs to the machine control
- Comprehensive Setup Reports for the machine operator including bend sequence, tooling and bend-by-bend graphics
BG-soft bend enhances your productivity with:
- Faster design-to-production times with automated features
- Offline programming means minimal machine down-time
- Collision-less bend sequences mean reduced stock wastage
- BG-soft bend tool library is compatible to available tooling resulting in production-ready Setup Reports
► 3D Simulation and Collision Detection
► Efficient Tool Selection
► Bend Sequence Selection
► Fingerstops Positioning
Comprehensive Setup Reports include:
- Bend sequence instructions
- Tool setup details
- Product handling
- Bend-by-bend graphics
From the idea... to reality..
BG-soft cut is the only system that integrates CAD/CAM capabilities in the same module:
Geometry, dimensions and technology (punching/cutting) are completely associative – when the geometry is modified, the dimensions and technology update automatically!
BG-soft cut offers optimal material utilization with AutoNest – cnc automatic nesting module.
AutoNest is a powerful True Shape nesting tool offering versatile methods for automatic and manual nesting to achieve the best possible nesting solutions.
3D CAD Interface
The CAD Link module enables one-click real-time transfer of parts from 3D CAD packages to BG-soft cut.
Parts can be transferred from SolidWorks®, Solid Edge®, Autodesk® Inventor® , PTC Creo®, and Vertex® G4, using an on-line associative link, bypassing the need for intermediate files such as DXFs.
BG-soft cut has a very powerful, easy to use 2D drafting module. In addition to a full set of drafting tools, BG-soft cut supports special sheet metal drafting aids and geometry validation to automatically detect and correct unclosed contours.
The Punching module supports:
- Special Tools
- Automatic Reposition
- Common Cuts
The Cutting module supports:
- Contour Check and Correction
- Beam Width definition and Auto Compensation
- Art Parts
- Corner Loops and Corner Slow Down
- Z axis control
- Open Contour Cutting
Detailed production reports for individual parts, nesting solutions and costing estimation, using fully customizable templates with barcode.